Join the Sound Stewardship Team
2019 Job Shadow Internship
Sound Stewardship is now accepting applications from students interested in our 2019 Job Shadow Week. Short-term interns will join our team for May 20-24, 2019, to experience a week with our financial planners. They will have the opportunity to sit in during client meetings as well as hear from industry experts on current profession trends. While here, students will:
- Observe client meetings
- Join planning and implementing transactions
- Learn about all aspects of running an advisory business, from compliance to scheduling
- Attend networking events with local professionals
- Hear from outside experts, like attorneys and CPAs
- Participate in an informational client seminar
Space is limited, so only a few students will be accepted. Please complete the entire application below for consideration. Applications being considered may be offered a phone interview for further review. Only applications from current students ages 18 and older will be considered.
Apply online by March 1, 2019, to be considered as a first round candidate. A second round of applications may be offered if positions are available.
Client Care Specialist
Sound Stewardship, LLC is a fee-only financial planning and wealth management company. We are seeking to hire a Client Care Specialist that has a high attention to detail and the ability to thoroughly complete multiple projects with little supervision. The primary focus of this role is to conduct a wide variety of implementation duties to keep our client accounts and financial planning systems operating efficiently.
The Client Care Specialist is a great position for those newer to financial planning. This role works alongside experienced Wealth Advisors as they serve clients, in addition to providing access to leading industry associations such as the Financial Planning Association® and Kingdom Advisors. This position may qualify as experience toward the Certified Financial Planner™ certification.
This position is part of our Wealth Advisor career track.
Categories of Responsibility:
- Request and prepare information for client meetings
- Prepare, upload and manage online portal for clients
- Assist clients with account maintenance and service requests
- Correspond with custodians and clients to ensure proper implementation of recommendations (e.g. contact information, beneficiary changes, disbursements, contributions, etc.)
- Place trades for clients’ portfolios across various custodians
- Enter data into wealth management software programs
- Maintain our investment models across software programs
- Analyze various investment choices and propose appropriate portfolio
- File client and business records appropriately
- Other tasks as assigned
Required Skills and Licensure:
- FINRA Series 65 license, or must obtain this license within 90 days of being hired
- Bachelor’s degree and successful passing of various background checks
- Proficient in Microsoft Office utilization
- Professional demeanor
- Good with numbers and the written word
- Precise and accurate (“neatness counts”)
- Be a team player and willing to take direction from others
- Works well independently and knows when to ask for assistance
- Safe Harbor 401k Retirement Plan with Employer Match after 1 year of service
- 40 hours of paid time off (PTO) upon hiring with accrual of additional 40 hours during the year (vested in PTO after 1 year of service)
- Group health, vision and dental insurance with employee premiums paid by the company.
- Flexible Spending Account and Employee Assistance Program are available after successfully passing the 90-day introductory period
- Employer-paid basic life insurance policy for employee
- Group Disability Income Insurance offered at employee’s expense
If you’re interested in this position, please submit resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.